Managing and Growing an Eyewear Business by CompanyGame
This course introduces you to the basics of managing and growing a consumer goods business based on eyewear, in a highly competitive market
- Duration: 2 weeks • Total asynchronous time 12 hours (using the computer simulation)
- 100% Online
- Level: Beginner
- Language: English
- Certificate: Micro-credential
This course prepares you to better understand the different aspects of managing a consumer goods business. You will experience and make decisions about production, marketing, advertising and sales.
You will learn autonimously by making decisions and managing a virtual business in a simulated environment, competing against other businesses. The simulation used in this course is SunnyDay and is provided by Company Game.
Who this course is for
- Students, graduates or anyone willing to start a career in marketing, sales, or product management in consumer goods
What you'll learn
- How to grow a business
- Identify the key drivers of demand and consumer behaviour
- Understand the key steps in entering and growing on the market in a highly competitive industry
- Define a strategy to gain a competitive advantage on the market whilst achieving superior performance and growth
- Manage the intricate relationships between different functional areas such as production, marketing and sales, stocks, customer service, and finance
- Identify the resources available and select those appropriate to support the business at the different stages of growth
- Identify the critical KPI’s to drive the growth of the business
How you will learn
- You will learn through a series of theoretical explanations in the course, followed by the possibility to test your knowledge as if you were making decisions in a real business.
- You can enter the decisions in the simulation to see the results. The decisions you make affect not only your business but other businesses competing with your company in the same virtual environment.
- You can practice with the simulation for as long as you want and explore in more depth the theory to better understand the implications and scope of your decisions. The simulation will be available for you to interact with for 60 days from the purchase.
- At the end of the course, you will have the possibility to take an assessment quiz, after which you will receive your final mark and a certification will be issued.
How this course can propel your career in marketing and management
The key advantage of the course is that it gives you access to experience and understand the global picture of how marketing, sales, and product management function in consumer goods.
Most employers nowadays claim that their employees do not have a global perspective and understanding about the business, and that limits immensely their opportunities for development and progression.
Now imagine that as a starting point when entering the job market you can already demonstrate to your employer that you thoroughly understand from theory and practice how the industry operates. That puts you in the spotlight right from the start to grow and develop a career in a fast-changing and highly competitive environment!
Key job-related skills you will learn
The skills you will acquire may also help you if you are or plan to enter the career path in marketing, sales, or product management in consumer goods (FMCG). We have mapped the skills that you will acquire in this course against those required for a career as a Retail Manager by www.prospects.ac.uk (May 2021):
- knowledgeable about your product's users and industry
- able to support your decisions with research
- flexible, as you'll be working in-depth with different business functions
- organized and able to work to deadlines and roadmaps
- able to analyze complex data and look for trends in the market and users' opinions and behaviour
- objective when making decisions.
Still in doubt?
Here are some examples about the salaries in the industry, to demonstrate how important it is to get the right skill set for the job (Data from Glassdoor.co.uk, last updated May 2021):
- Retail Director £108,000 / yr
- Associate Product Manager £80,000 / yr
- Sales Manager £67,000 / yr
An understanding of general concepts related to business and management, obtained by studying in a degree or practical experience is recommended.
Course Completion and Assessment
You will have access to interact and learn with the simulation for 60 days. You can decide to take a quiz to be assessed, upon successful completion you will receive your micro-credential.
Don't worry, you will not be left alone in your learning journey. Our helpline to sort out any technical questions is available 24/7 during the access to the online simulation and until completion of the final assessment, so you will get all the help that you need.
Prove you're ready!
- Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a digital micro-credential.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.